Lomtev Evgeniy Aleksandrovich, Doctor of engineering sciences, professor, sub-department of information-measuring technology and metrology, Penza State University (40 Krasnayа street, Penza, Russia), email@example.com
Mel'nikov Anatoliy Arkad'evich, Leading engineer, sub-department of electrical power engineering and electrical technology, Penza State University (40 Krasnaya street, Penza, Russia), firstname.lastname@example.org
Pushkareva Anastasiya Valer'evna, Candidate of engineering sciences, associate professor, sub-department of space-rocket and aircraft instrument engineering, Penza State University (40 Krasnaya street, Penza, Russia), email@example.com
Svetlov Anatoliy Vil'evich, Doctor of engineering sciences, professor, head of sub-department of radio engineering and radio electronic system, Penza State University (40 Krasnayа street, Penza, Russia), firstname.lastname@example.org
Tsypin Boris Vul'fovich, Doctor of engineering sciences, professor, sub-department of space-rocket and aircraft instrument engineering, Penza State University (40 Krasnayа street, Penza, Russia), email@example.com
Background. The research deals with primary piezoelectric converters. The research subject is the ways of measuring parameters of primary piezoelectric converters. The purpose of the research is to measure parameters of primary piezoelectric converters both in control systems and during production thereof.
Materials and methods. In order to execute measurements, rectangular impulses with porosity of two, the sequence frequency of which is close to the frequency of piezoelectric element’s own fluctuations, are supplied to the electrodes of a piezoelectric element of a primary converter. After the impact by impulses the frequency, amplitude and rate of damping of generated own piezoelectric element’s fluctuations are compared with known maximum permissible values. The decision on primary converter’s condition is made in accordance with the comparison results, and in case of malfunction there can be developed recommendations on detecting the causes of defects.
Results. The article substantiates the use of a meander-shaped excitation signal and provides a block diagram of a device for measuring parameters and standard oscillograms of reaction voltage of operable and faulty primary converters after removal of an excitation signal.
Conclusions. The device can also be used by manufacturers of primary piezoelectric converters. In the latter case it is possible to document and store the results of all tests of a piezoelectric element from the moment of its manufacturing to the following stages of technological process of primary converter production and during its operation. The obtained statistics will allow to estimate long-term stability of a primary converter and to provide acquisition of high volume of information for developers.
1. Dmitrienko A. G., Blinov A. V., Tsypin B. V. Novye tekhnologii: materialy Vseros. konf. [New technologies: proceedings of the All-Russian conference]. Moscow: RAN, 2013, vol. 2, pp. 154–158.
2. Avtorskoe svidetel'stvo 535478 Rossiyskaya Federatsiya. Ustroystvo dlya proverki p'ezoelektricheskikh datchikov [Certificate of authorship 535478 Russian Federation. Device for piezoelectric sensor testing]. Vorobzhanskiy V. V., Chayka Yu. A., appl. 03.02.1975; publ. 15.11.1976, bull. no. 42.
3. Patent 2176396 Rossiyskaya Federatsiya. Sposob distantsionnogo periodicheskogo kontrolya koeffitsienta preobrazovaniya p'ezoelektricheskogo akselerometra [Patent 2176396 Russian Federation. Method of distant periodic check of coversion coefficient of piezoelectric accelerometer]. Subbotin M. I., appl. 05.10.2000; publ. 24.11.02., bull. no. 33.
4. Zemlyakov V. L. Metody i sredstva izmereniy v p'ezoelektricheskom priborostroenii: monogr. T.5. P'ezoelektricheskoe priborostroenie [Methods and means of measurement in piezoelectric instrument engineering: monograph. Vol.5. Piezoelectric instrument engineering].Rostov-on-Don:Izd-vo YuFU,2009,180 p.
5. Zemlyakov V. L. Piezoelectrics and Related Materials: Investigations and Applications, 2012. 2nd Quarter. New York, 2012, pp. 117–142.
6. Gruppa predpriyatiy P'ezo. [Group of companies Piezo]. Available at: http://www.oaopiezo.com (accessed 18.02.2015).
7. Dmitrienko A. G., Blinov A. V., Mel'nikov A. A., Tsypin B. V. Izmerenie, monitoring, upravlenie, kontrol' [Measurement, monitoring, control, check]. 2013, no. 3 (5), pp. 15–18.
8. Tsypin B. V. Metody i izmeritel'nye preobrazovateli dlya kontrolya i diagnostiki elektronnoy apparatury pri proizvodstve: dis. d-ra tekhn. nauk [Methods and measuring converters for monitoring and examination of electronic devices in production: dissertation to apply for the degree of the doctor of engineering sciences]. Penza, 2002.
9. Patent 128321 Rossiyskaya Federatsiya. Sistema kontrolya p'ezoelektricheskikh datchikov [Patent 128321 Russian Federation. Monitoring system for piezoelectric sensors]. Tsypin B. V., Dmitrienko A. G., Blinov A. V., Shamrakov A. L., Mel'nikov A. A., Brilevich E. V.; zayavitel' i patentoobladatel' OOO «Nauchno-issledovatel'skiy in-t fizich. izmereniy»; publ. 20.05.2013., bull. no. 14.
10. Bushuev O. Yu., Semenov A. S., Chernyavskiy A. O. Datchiki i sistemy [Sensors and systems]. 2010, no. 4.